IT ALL STARTS BY JOINING OUR TEAM!
“The BC Liberal Party’s leadership race is a chance for all of us to get involved, have our say, and shape BC’s future.
I’m asking for your support, which starts by joining the BC Liberal Party today, so that you can vote for me as the new leader in February.
I hope you’ll encourage your family and friends to also join our team. Every vote counts, so thank you for your help and support!
Born and raised in British Columbia, Dianne grew up on Vancouver’s east side, attending Mount Pleasant Elementary, and graduating from Kelowna Secondary.
A second-generation Canadian with Ukrainian and Scottish roots, Dianne’s connection to the BC Liberal Party goes back 21 years, when she managed the successful election campaign of family friend, Bonnie McKinnon in Cloverdale. Over the past 20 years, Dianne has served as a Surrey City Councillor, three-time Mayor of Surrey, and Member of Parliament for South Surrey-White Rock.
She has worked with every level of government and has earned a solid reputation for building winning teams, putting tax-payers first, and taking good ideas off the drawing board and turning them into reality for her community, region and province.
As a team builder with a passion for big ideas, Dianne has earned recognition for her ongoing public service and ability to deliver for voters:
- Fourth best mayor in the world, UK-based City Mayor’s Foundation
- Endorsed by GreenPAC for her environmental leadership record
- YWCA Metro Vancouver’s Women of Distinction Award
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for community service
- “Woman of the Year”, Consumer Choice Awards
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- First elected official in Surrey to become honorary firefighter
- Honorary Doctor of Laws Degree, Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Honorary Doctor of Laws Degree, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
As Mayor of Surrey, Dianne and her Surrey First Team’s achievements include:
- Lowest residential tax rates in Metro Vancouver
- Lowest business taxes in Metro Vancouver
- Best place in B.C. to invest, four years in a row
- Top 10 most “Intelligent City” in the world because of commitments to innovation, alternative energy initiatives, and technology development
- Surrey Sustainability Charter, guiding social, cultural, environmental, and economic sustainability
- Poverty Reduction Plan that makes life better for low-income residents in the city.